For 44 years Enercon, in addition to manufacturing paralleling switchgear and engine-generator control systems, packaged engine generator sets into custom enclosures, containers, and/or specialized housings to meet site-specific needs.
In 2016 Enercon exited the generator set packaging marketplace and is now using their engineering expertise in system integration, customization, design for manufacturability and design for serviceability to help customers develop new products.
As a manufacturer of custom-designed solutions for the power generation industry, we have developed prototypes and new products for several large OEMs. These included the following:
- Working with industry-leading micro-turbine manufacturer Enercon redesigned their 200kW unit to improve manufacturability and serviceability
- Enercon took redesigned 200kW unit and incorporated it into a custom-designed enclosure that provides a scalable power plant at 400kW, 600kW, 800kW or 1000kW
- Designed and manufactured prototype “balance of plant” container for fuel cell manufacturer
- Leading OEM in the mining industry developed an all-electric mining truck and required a specialized designed electrical distribution box. Enercon designed and manufactured three prototypes for proof of concept. Today, that design is being utilized to build hundreds of trucks a year.
- Utilizing our expertise with containers, Enercon designed and manufactured a tailored Fire Training Module using five- 40’ and two- 20’ containers
- Special designed control panel with PLC for controlling water reclamation system.