Retrofit Level Definitions
Level 1: Individual parts replacement. Quoting a few replacement parts while not addressing the total control panel, as a system. Warranty covers only the replaced parts and requires good documentation to ensure peripheral equipment or other items in the panel do not cause failures either in the new part or other.
Level 2: Replacing major components as a set. Items such as relays, terminal boards or other non-critical items may be reused. All major electronic or programmable devices will be considered. Sequence of Operation SOP can be altered, updated or changed based on project requirements. Warranty covers only replaced parts.
Level 3: Removal all controls while leaving the power envelope, PT’s and CT’s. Replacement door plates and pans. All new controls will be supplied. SOP reviewed and verified. Updated as required. All controls, sequences, programming, wiring, and devices are covered under warranty.
Level 4: Non salvageable after site assessment and requiring, Total gear replacement. Total system warranty.
Contact us today regarding your project.
- PLC Update – (Replace old or obsolete PLC. Upgrade to current technology. Update or reverse engineer the logic)
- Touchscreen Update – (Replace old, obsolete, or faded and burned in touchscreen)
- Replace Engine Controls – (Replace old or obsolete engine controls with current technology. Simplify and reduce components required to operate.)
- Obsolete Circuit Breaker Replacement
- Complete Equipment Replacement (Retro-fit existing cabinets and reuse only the circuit breakers and bus work or all new gear)
- Spare and/or Replacement Parts
- Enclosure/Power Module Reconditioning – (Update controls and simplify operations. Configure for remote control. Can send Power module or controls to Enercon for work to be completed and tested)
- Switchgear Reconditioning
- Non-Enercon Equipment (Will work on other manufactures or switchgear or controls)
- Update of Equipment Capabilities (add remote monitoring or SCADA interface)
- SCADA/Remote Access/Annunciator
- Ongoing Service/Maintenance Contract
- Multifunction Metering (Replace old analog meters with solid state metering)
- Multifunction Solid State Relays (Replace old obsolete individual protection relays with new technology multifunction relays)
- Special Considerations
- Site Visit concerns (Site Audit service)
Site Audit – We see this as key to a successful project and why Enercon Engineering, Inc. will consistently deliver a world-class experience and solution. See and review while documenting existing equipment. Provide evaluation and recommendations. Discuss with customer what equipment will remain and what must be replaced. Discuss any external equipment we may need to operate or interface with and any associated requirements. Discuss physical site processes – timing, downtime, testing time, alternate power source needed, etc. Please contact us for an appointment.